Is Motorola Finished With Handsets?
January 29, 2008
There are early reports that Motorola might be getting out of the handset business to concentrate on serving their enterprise and government customers. Speculation is based on a single analyst’s report to clients. Richard Windsor, an analyst with Nomura International, professed that while the possibility exists of Chinese vendors buying the company, any imminent deal is unlikely.
And let’s be honest, if Motorola can’t fix what’s ailing the company (market share down to less than 25%, compared to Nokia’s 40% share) why would the Chinese fare any better?
It’s hard to imagine that the maker of the market-changing StarTac and Razr phones would fall so far so fast. And, does anyone remember the DynaTac?
Tags: mobility, Motorola
Search Technorati: mobility, Motorola
Related Tags: Motorola, motorola
- Related Entries
- 'Moto Out Of Handset Biz' Gets Legs - Jan 31, 2008
- Android Prototypes Abound in Barcelona - Feb 11, 2008
- Android Developer Deadline Extended - Jan 29, 2008
- Android: Here Come The Hackers - Jan 10, 2008
- Latest Wireless Musings - Jan 04, 2008
- Apple Files Patents for Location-Based Services - Dec 28, 2007
- Will February See Launch of Google Phone v1? - Dec 27, 2007
- Patience Google Developers... Patience - Dec 20, 2007
- Packet8 Adds Mobility - Nov 19, 2007
- Open Handset Alliance Member List - Nov 05, 2007
Listed below are links to sites that reference Is Motorola Finished With Handsets?: