October 16, 2007
Reuters is reporting that MySpace and Skype are working together to offer MySpace members free Internet calling services, in a bid “to expand their base of users and revenue.”
The deal is set to be announced tomorrow.
The timing of this announcement is… well, interesting to say the least. Just this afternoon I heard rumors to the effect that Skype was working to make its voice services available to users of another social networking concern.
I’m not going to say which one, because I’m afraid someone might throw a sheep at me.
Nevertheless, the concept of converging VoIP with social networking is clearly happening. And if you ask me, it’s a good thing.
Tags: MySpace, Skype, Social Networking, VoIP
Search Technorati: MySpace, Skype, Social Networking, VoIP
Related Tags: social, working
- Related Entries
- Paul Amery on Skype Extra News - Apr 27, 2007
- Skype 's PSP Plans Hit Speedbump - Jan 23, 2008
- Microsoft OCS Launch Day - Oct 16, 2007
- Broadsoft Connections: Guy Kawasaki and Microsoft’s OCS? - Oct 15, 2007
- Interactive Intelligence Releases v3.0 - Oct 08, 2007
- Make MONEY Selling VoIP! - Oct 03, 2007
- Microsoft Announces Response Point Availability, Pricing - Oct 02, 2007
- VoIP, Mobile Growth in North America - Oct 02, 2007
- Zennstrom Out as CEO of Skype - Oct 01, 2007
- Black Box To Sell ShoreTel VoIP Systems - Aug 21, 2007
Listed below are links to sites that reference Social VoIP-Working?: