Apparently the fact I like to talk a lot makes people think I should be in politics but strangely my wife says I don't talk enough - I'm still trying to figure that one out.
In terms of Budapest and travel there - here is what you need to know:
- The weather seems similar to New England.
- There are many gorgeous buildings, statues and castles worth seeing.
- 99% of people speak English.
- They are very friendly and many people asked me how I like their country and one person even asked me to bring my business there.
- The food is good - I ate some sort of mountain animal - a sheep or goat or something called a mouflon which was great.
- Be sure to go to a restaurant called Spoon - basically a floating establishment in a ship and Golden Dragon in the art district in Szentendre - an hour or so from Budapest by train.
- There are lots of free and open WiFi APs everywhere and the 3G is pretty fast as well.
- You can also get hot wine and cider all over the place and a bus tour is a must.
- Unemployment is around 30% but it seems like a very safe place.
- The currency is not part of the Euro - they use a Forint which is very inflated and a hotel stay at a top location can cost as low as $150. One dollar is worth over 200 Hungarian Forints BTW.
- And no, I didn't see Brad Pitt or Angelina Jolie.