Joe has now joined international law firm Bryan Cave LLP in its New York office and should be a tremendous asset. Aside from do not call, Joe is also expert in the inbound side of the call center business and is intimately familiar with the potentially new legislation that will affect call centers. For example there is talk that politicians will force call centers to connect callers to a live agent if they press one. Or they will be forced to have an American operator if the caller requests one. In additional they may be forced to answer the phone with a live agent after a certain amount of time.
If you are affected by any of these issues and want to learn more, contact Joe.
In addition Joe believes privacy is an exciting new field and will focus on this area as well. As you may be aware there has been an increasing amount of data theft and as this grows, Joe feels he can aid companies from a legal perspective.
I asked Joe for comments on what he will be doing and this is what he had to say:
1. I will be continuing as the Chief Editor of the online teleservices Regulatory Guide
2. I will be providing my expertise to companies wishing to have teleservices "compliance reviews"
3. I will be working with existing Bryan Cave clients that engage in inbound/outbound teleservices to fine-tune their existing policies and procedures
4. I will be offering my services, as well as the extensive experience of my colleagues, such as Jeff Modisett (former Attorney General for Indiana), Jodie Bernstein (former director of the Bureau of Consumer Protection at the FTC), Dana Rosenfeld (assistant director under Jodie Bernstein), to help any company that finds itself on the FTC/FCC's enforcement radar screen
5. I will be expanding my business expertise to work within the wider field of privacy, including advising clients about their responsibilities regarding data security, data destruction, and notification to consumers in the event of security breaches.
Speaking for the call center market, I wish Joe the best of luck in his new position.