- 200 businesses completed the survey
- Half (51 percent) experienced problems connecting to their IT network from other locations
- Half (50 percent) had problems connecting from inside their business locations
- Nearly half of respondents (46 percent) said employees could not access the necessary company resources to do their jobs
- Almost one-third (29 percent) said employees had problems communicating with each other via internal phone systems and/or e-mail
- 28 percent said their networks were slower than expected and could not support the increased traffic from remote locations
- Hardware failures caused 29 percent of network outages, followed by a loss of telecom services to facilities (21 percent)
Here is more on the report (PDF) and how CDW plays in this area.