Verizon is about to shut down its VoiceWing service and in the process leave thousands of orphaned and locked ATAs, Most of these devices are probably old by consumer electronics standards but as Tom Keating points out it is too bad they have to end up in landfills now as there is no way to unlock them.
Although not great news, I for one will accept the drawbacks of this announcement when contrasted against the positive news of the new Hub product coming to a store near you around the time of ITEXPO.
- VoIP: Definitely Not Dead Yet, the Sequel Jon Arnold
- Report: VoIP Equipment Market Declines 13 Percent Year-over-Year Michael Dinan
- Economic Slowdown Is an Opportunity for VoIP Providers, Study Says Michael Dinan
- Verizon Introduces Its First Femtocell: the Network Extender Ed Hardy
- RIM CEO: Buggy smartphone software is the "new reality" Thomas Ricker