There have been more complaints about the TelecomNext show than any event in telecom for 5 years. The conferences apparently are first-rate but there seems to be very low exhibit hall traffic. I did not attend TelecomNext by the way.
- CMP has partnered with the TIA the association behind GlobalComm and the two organizations have recently been acting like one.
- Light reading is owned by CMP.
- Light Reading performed a survey showing that its readers favor GlobalComm.
- TMC and Light Reading are both working with NetCentrex to sponsor a Triple Play Symposium
- I have respect for the Light Reading team – The goal here is not to knock them
- There are much worse problems on the Internet when it comes to communications shows. Some event producers have bought off “independent” bloggers (through special favors, financial incentives, ownership in companies, etc). This is a much worse problem than what I outlined above.