TMCnet will be hosting an exclusive webinar with Keynote Systems' Dharmesh Thakker on July 12, 2005 to discuss the findings of a major VoIP study. To gain insight into how end-users perceive VoIP service providers and network carriers, register for the free VoIP Quality Webinar. I will be involved in this webinar as well and am very excited to be sharing the findings with the world in just one week.
Here are some details:
- Only VoIP-PSTN (and as a baseline PSTN-PSTN) calls were sampled. No VoIP-VoIP calls were measured as part of the survey.
- Service providers were measured using different network carriers.
- A total of 163,000 calls (automated) were tested over a 5-week span.
- Varying degrees of reliability and audio clarity were measured
- VoIP service providers definitely have room for improvement based on Keynote’s metrics
- There was no noticeable benefit if one company was both service provider and network carrier. (For example, AT&T CallVantage over AT&T’s network.)