I’ve got lots on my plate this week before I take off to Barcelona to attend Mobile World Congress (MWC) – which was once called 3GSM. I’ve got great meetings lined up and I am very interested in seeing what is happening in the world of 4G, white spaces, M2M, tablets and smartphones. Apple won’t be there – formerly anyway so I consider this event to be kind of like the anti-Apple confab. Interestingly, all the major events I attend these days are devoid of the iconic Cupertino brand as well. It doesn’t seem to be hurting them does it?
Yet face-to-face events like this one are crucial to get the word out and generate buzz around brands which don’t have the Apple halo. Companies that will really need to shine this week include Microsoft, Nokia, RIM, Samsung, Google and HTC.
I will be sure to keep you posted as I travel to the show (www.tehrani.com)- you can also follow me on Twitter at @rtehrani. In addition the TMCnet Mobile World Congress news page will give you access to articles written by 100+ TMCnet contributors.
These are some of the MWC stories produced so far today:
- Tekelec to Demo Diameter Network at Mobile World Congress 2012
- Nokia Siemens Networks Offers Faster, More Flexible 4G (HSPA+)
- Spirent Focuses on Testing E911 and Location Based Services for LTE Networks
- Jinny Software Launches 4G Messaging Center and Complete VAS Solution
- Alcatel-Lucent Technology Incorporated by Tecore Networks’ Integrated Solutions
- Verivo Software Expands into Europe