Yet face-to-face events like this one are crucial to get the word out and generate buzz around brands which don't have the Apple halo. Companies that will really need to shine this week include Microsoft, Nokia, RIM, Samsung, Google and HTC.
I will be sure to keep you posted as I travel to the show (www.tehrani.com)- you can also follow me on Twitter at @rtehrani. In addition the TMCnet Mobile World Congress news page will give you access to articles written by 100+ TMCnet contributors.
These are some of the MWC stories produced so far today:
- Tekelec to Demo Diameter Network at Mobile World Congress 2012
- Nokia Siemens Networks Offers Faster, More Flexible 4G (HSPA+)
- Spirent Focuses on Testing E911 and Location Based Services for LTE Networks
- Jinny Software Launches 4G Messaging Center and Complete VAS Solution
- Alcatel-Lucent Technology Incorporated by Tecore Networks' Integrated Solutions
- Verivo Software Expands into Europe