First we all got excited when we could trade-in (meaning get rid of and upgrade) our cathode ray tube monitors – the ones with the big piece sticking out the back – for new slim and trim LCD monitors. Now we get excited when we can move up from those 15-inch LCDs to something that’s got more size, more presence, more of everything.
Well, if you want to take a major step in that direction and skip all of the interim “baby steps,” then go for NEC’s excellent multi-function 20WMGX2 display. Building on the success of its award-winning MultiSync GX LCD monitor line, the GX2 raises the standard for both computing and entertainment.
With NEC’s patented OptiClear DVM screens, the GX2 produces images with sharp color and vivid clarity, and with rapid response times of just 6 milliseconds, the monitor delivers video and gaming images with smooth, crystal-clear quality. The GX2 has a contrast ratio of 1600:1 and an integrated TV tuner in a wide-aspect format. Because the GX2 display boasts multimedia performance, it has a host of additional features, such as coax, S-Video, composite and component video inputs, a remote, Picture-in-Picture display and a speaker bar with dual 5-watt speakers.
Other features include:
- OptiClear DVM screen technology for razor sharp images in text, photo and motion video applications
- 400cd/m2 super brightness for vivid on-screen performance
- 4-port powered USB 2.0 hub for quick connection to a wide range of peripherals and storage devices
- XtraView technology provides for some of the widest viewing angles available
- Ambix dual-input technology: DVI-D digital input for connection to the latest high- performance video cards and 15-pin D-SUB analog input for compatibility with traditional PCs
- Integrated cable management system to reduce distracting clutter
- No Touch Auto Adjust reduces setup time and provides optimal image settings upon initial power-on
Estimated street price for the 20WMGX2 is $799.