Relatedly, ZuneTVWatcher is another cool of software that also automatically converts DVD-MS and removes commericals and it sets the correct meta tags (TV, movies, etc). Encode360 is one of my favorite utilities for converting videos. I can rip a DVD into a single .VOB file and then use Encode360 to convert the .vob file to .wmv (with Zune bitrate settings) so I can sync it to my Zune. One final cool utility is dCut which lets you manually cut out commercials using the MCE remote control and then compress the DVD-MS format to .wmv, which can also have a profile set to download to a Zune.
Anyway, here's what's new in the latest version of DVRMSToolbox:
Along with the new features in bold below, a regression bug was fixed when writing meta data.
- Key handling is only triggered while recorded tv is played back. Should address sluggish UI issues.
- More attempts to detect playing file are made before giving up
- Addin will fall back to using Restart Manager if unable to detect the file using prefered method
- Changed wording on file can't be detected message to be more accurate given new detection method
- Waiting to process messages more descriptive
- Status writing is more timely
- Fixed a problem with DVR2WMV usage, should [finally] resolve hanging issues
- Added reprocess functionality to the addin (press 4 on the remote)
- Fixed meta data not available during recording issue
- Added FileName to meta data returned, will not be persisted in file
- Removed dependancy on Toub dll
- Removed m71 support
- Migrated all DirectShow code to use DirectShow.Net interfaces
- Fixed lost status messages when process ends quickly
- FindCommercials action waits one minute before scanning file.
- Added ChangeRecordedDate action to MceActions. Action sets record date to original air date; useful for series recordings on "Marathon" showings
- Added ChangeMCMetaData action to MceActions. Alters meta data used by MC to display runtime slider none destructively (i.e. doesn't alter tracking ids); hopefully will allow spliced shows to be managed as series by MC for recording limits.
- OOTB mpeg "conversion" using DShow method deprecated
- Comskip 0.79.113 included and configured for live detection
- Added FixDvrmsDuration action
- Added resolution meta data attributes