A new survey conducted by Hanover Research revealed that the majority of SMBs have low awareness of the technology trends in business phone systems and most are not utilizing advanced phone features that are widely available today.
The survey was fielded among 427 purchase decision makers or influencers at businesses with 5-499 employees in the U.S. across 22 vertical industries.
The survey identified a number of key insights regarding the usage and perception of business phone systems among SMBs:
- The vast majority of SMBs are unfamiliar with telecommunications terminology such as IP telephony, hosted PBX, IP PBX, virtual PBX, SIP trunks or Unified Communications.
- Despite the rise of email, video, and social media, 74 percent said that voice communication remains extremely or very important to their business operations.
- The top five phone features used most by SMBs are: 3-way calling, intercom, conference call bridges, music on hold, and calling other locations using extensions.
- The top five most desired phone features by SMBs are: voicemail as email attachments, remote desk phones, music on hold, 3-way calling, and mobile client for the desk phone.
- Nearly one in two SMBs plan to evaluate a new business phone system in the near future – with 86 percent of them planning to do so within the next three years. Sixty-four percent of them cited old or outdated voice equipment as the primary reason.
Now is the time to jump into the reseller market!
Join the Net2Phone Office Partner Program and you can earn recurring revenue by offering the TOP 5 most used AND most desired features by SMBs for just $19.99 per user per month.