Business VoIP's Rapid Growth
According to this recent report from Juniper Research:
- The total business VoIP services market will reach $18 billion per annum by 2010
- Small business broadband connections will reach 40 million lines by 2010
- Hosted VoIP business revenues will climb to $7.6 billion by 2010
- Telecom service provider revenue losses, resulting from businesses moving to VoIP, will amount to $36 billion per annum by 2010
- Revenues from VoIP services in the business sector will reach $18 billion by 2010.
Interestingly these research report bullets don't touch on the enhanced services that potentially come with VoIP. In my opinion this market has as much potential as pure transport. If you find killer applications, people will pay.
We aren't sure what they are today but I think anything that keeps companies communicating more effectively -- a term I call Just in Time Communications is worth paying extra for. In the end, it is the quickest company that wins in any market. At least that is the way the world seems to be going. Whoever can react most quickly to the rapidly changing needs of customers will be the winner in the end.
Related Tags: business, market, billion, services, reach
- Related Entries
Listed below are links to sites that reference Business VoIP's Rapid Growth:
TrackBack URL for Business VoIP's Rapid Growth: