More WiFi Telephony Happenings
June 8, 2006Ascom Wireless Solutions Inc. has been chosen by a major Virginia healthcare system to provide on-site wireless voice and messaging applications. The Ascom FreeNET VoWiFi solution and UNITE Messaging suite are installed at one of the system's hospitals and are slated to be deployed at all the others in the next few months.
Ascom's FreeNET solution is standards based and is made up of VoWiFi portable handsets, a VoIP gateway for integration with an existing PBX and a robust messaging engine. It supports a number of IEEE standards like 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11e and 802.11i. Hospitalwide voice and messaging communications are enabled on the hospital's existing WLAN through the FreeNET platform.
Tags: vowifi, wifi telephony
Related Tags: messaging, ascom, Ascom, FreeNET, freenet
- Related Entries
- SMB VoIP Grows 40% in Asia - Oct 17, 2006
- Om Malik on Small Business VoIP - Sep 30, 2006
- Small Businesses Doing Well - Sep 30, 2006
- Ireland VoIP - Sep 18, 2006
- More SMB Options - Sep 16, 2006
- IP PBX Challenges - Sep 03, 2006
- Small Business Communications Trends - Aug 02, 2006
Listed below are links to sites that reference More WiFi Telephony Happenings:
TrackBack URL for More WiFi Telephony Happenings: