It's Friday and today I am to tell you what I know about selling SIP Trunking on the Web. My answer is "I don't know enough yet." Yeah, I know, you waited two days to learn I haven't reached a conclusion. That is not to say, I haven't narrowed down my choices. Selling on the web requires a multipronged approach. You must do the following:
· Create an attractive and informative company/product website
· Utilize SEO to get you and your product on the first page of search results
· Create a community of sorts...you need other sites to link to yours, usually members of your business ecosystem
· Generate fresh content...not just press releases but articles, webinars, blogs and other
The last bullet is tough. Generating fresh content on a regular basis takes time, thought and energy. Like this blog. I thought I was being casual, almost slothful, announcing I would create an entry three times a week. The effort it takes to sit down and write something useful three times a week is a lot more than I expected. Unbelievably, the easiest thing to do is to come up with a new recipe every week.
At Broadvox we generate new press releases regularly but we have a bi-monthly column with Telecom Reseller, IP Man Adventures which features our partners, an IP Community website and, of course, this blog. All of these are avenues for both visibility and new content.
Finally, according to Online Retailers Worldwide, advertisers rated the following online marketing channels effectiveness:
· Affiliate marketing (94%)
· Paid Search (89%)
· Email marketing (84%)
· Online display advertising (50%)
· Mobile advertising (25%)
The results were based upon responses to questions concerning whether the advertising was "very cost effective", "quite cost effective" or "not cost effective". The numbers above represent sum of the positive responses.
Enough of this...see you on Monday with something delicious.