· 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
· ¼ cup chopped green onions
· 1 clove finely chopped garlic
· ¼ cup melted butter
· 4 beaten eggs
· 1 ½ cups half and half
· 1 tsp kosher salt
· 1/8 tsp dry mustard
· 1/8 tsp fresh grated nutmeg
· 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
· ¾ pound chopped Alaskan King Crab or Krab (the fake stuff)
· 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
· ½ cup sour cream or whipped cream.
Heat oven to 400o F.
In a saucepan over medium heat, sauté the mushrooms, garlic and green onions until tender. Meanwhile, combine the eggs, half and half, salt, dry mustard, nutmeg, cheese and crab. Stir in the mushrooms and onions. Pour the mixture into the pie shell.
Bake at 400o for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 325o and bake for 40 minutes more or until set.
Let stand 5 minutes and serve. Garnish with either a dollop sour cream or whipped cream.