- Peanut oil for deep frying
- 24 chicken wings pieces (drums and/or flats)
- 3 ounces butter
- 1/4 cup hot sauce (Tabasco, Franks or Tapatío)
- 2 teaspoon Red Seasoning Mix
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper or 1/2 Teaspoon habanero powder
- Optional Version
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Red Seasoning Mix
- ½ cup blue cheese dressing
- 8 celery stalks, cut in half
Toss the wings with the seasoning mixture and pepper. Allow the wings to rest for 15 minutes.
After the marinade period, if you prefer your wings breaded, mix the flour, baking powder, and additional seasoning mixture in a larger bowl or plastic bag. Toss the wings in the bowl or bag to coat. Gently shake off the excess flour and place on a tray for an additional 5-10 minutes. This will aid the flour in sticking to the wings.
Heat Frying oil to 375oF
If using a deep fryer, reduce the temperature to 340oF. Put the wings into the hot oil and cook for 12 minutes. If using a pot and thermometer, allow the oil temperature to fall to 340oF after the wings have been added.
Remove the wings when brown and crispy and place on a rack.
Melt the butter. Mix the butter and hot sauce.
Put the wings in a clean bowl. Pour the butter and hot sauce over them. Toss gently to coat.
Serve with Bleu cheese dressing and celery sticks on the side.