Mashed Potatoes with Roasted Garlic and Parmesan Cheese
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes
- 6 cloves roasted garlic, pressed
- 3 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups half and half, or more to taste
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground white or black pepper
Quarter the potatoes and place in a large saucepan and cover with salted cold water. Then bring to a boil over high heat. Cover and reduce to a simmer. Cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain well, place potato cubes in a ricer, and press to remove skins. Alternatively, smash the potatoes with a potato masher.
Return the sauce pan to low heat.
Add the pressed garlic, butter, half and half, cheese, salt and pepper. Fold the ingredients into the potatoes until well mix. Taste and adjust seasonings. Remove from heat and serve.