- 1 quart whole milk
- 3 cups peeled, quartered or diced potatoes
- 2 large leeks, cleaned and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1tsp Salt
- 1tsp freshly ground white pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 oz diced lobster meat, uncooked
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 oz crème fraiche, for garnish
- 2 tablespoons salmon roe/caviar, for garnish
Pour the milk into a sauce pan. Add the potatoes, leeks and garlic cloves. Make user the potatoes are covered with the milk. If not add more milk. Simmer until the potatoes are cooked through. Carefully, puree the mixture in a blender. Return to the sauce pan and add the butter, salt and pepper.
Whisk the heavy cream and egg yolks in a small bowl. Reheat the soup to a simmer. Add the lobster, and stir in the cream and egg mixture. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
Serve in bowls and garnish with a tablespoon of crème fraiche and top that with a tsp spoon of salmon roe.