My personal view point is that HD Voice needs HD Video to lead the way.
The first reason is that HD voice has very little chance of gaining new revenue. Video Conferencing is becoming a very fertile marketplace. It can blame the user generated content side for some of it, but the bigger picture is the bandwidth is becoming available globally.
So the ability to use presence with HD Video is huge and will eventually hit the tipping point for migration. I am not saying that every call will be a video call, but at some point in our lives our goal will be to accept video as easily as we pick up a call.
So the VC240 product by Samsung a world leader in HD TV sets with the communications suite of Radvision is a great combo that should be considered in strategies for collaborative services.
- Related Entries
- Up to Orlando for Infocomm - Jun 18, 2009
- Cisco 4G is about Video - Jun 12, 2009
- Do DECT Phones fit in the 4G Wireless Evolution? - Jun 04, 2009
- India - Tech Centers and guess what #1 Trend they want - Jun 16, 2009
- Day 3: The Application Imperative - Jan 28, 2009
- Day 2 Architecture and Standards - Jan 27, 2009