Basillie, the CoCEO of RIM, makes it clear that he thinks that Verizon is the leader in mulitmedia services.
Stratton, makes it clear they are AppWorld (RIM's App Store) friendly in their development.
In the midst of this discussion a Joint Venture between, China Mobile, Softbank, Verizon and Vodafone aimed at Widgets.
The annoucment of the JV which they call JIL (Joint Innovation Lab) is aimed at providing a community of 1B paying subscribers.
Masayoshi Son, video is about the mobile computing power that is going to increase 1,000 times. So the handset is no longer a mobile phone, the key all the rich media of music, video, etc.
He personally is seeing his pc use decline he has moved entirely to a mobile device. "Let's change the future together."
By being be part of JIL, you have can have Asian and European distribution.
- Related Entries
- Verizon WIreless says the Future is Open - Jul 28, 2009
- Scenario Planning; If You Build It Will They Come? - Jul 06, 2009
- Verizon Developer Community Conference - Jul 28, 2009
- Ericsson Powers US Up During the Low Down - Jul 27, 2009
- Now That CDMA is in the Ericsson Portfolio of Patents? - Jul 25, 2009
- Review of the Clearwire Guerrila Marketing Campaign - Jul 23, 2009
- Devices What Catches your Eye! - Jul 09, 2009
- Wireless Termination: Neutral Tandem - Jul 02, 2009
- EU Price Rationalization - Jul 02, 2009
- The Death of the Cassette: Anthony Robbins - Jun 30, 2009