First of all the positive side. Nortel Enterprise has a strong history in optics and their solutions were part of a rebirth strategy shared with some friends earlier in the year.
But clearly the decision by K&K is more about support of the existing than growth of the new.
LG Nortel is more case of what a strange taffy pull it is to extract telecom strategies. The primary value of Nortel in the mix is in reaching out to carrier enterprise sales with the LG Nortel product line. Given the Nokia Siemens deal, I am not sure how the LG channel will work.
It may be that the K&K, part of Lagercrantz) deal is part of the overall trend. Then again, it may be time for LG to rethink its relationship with Nortel, or become a buyer for the fiber part (which would make my Adtran / Digium strategy even more logical).
- Related Entries
- Nortel Enterprise: Two Buyers (Together) are Better than One - Jun 29, 2009
- Scenario Planning; If You Build It Will They Come? - Jul 06, 2009
- 4Gee - What happened to Nortel? - Jun 22, 2009
- Pareto Principle: Alvarion does not need Nortel - Jan 31, 2009
- The Emphasis on the Wrong Syllable Bankrupt Nortel sheds WiMAX - Jan 29, 2009
- The Evolution Continues - Nortel - Dec 16, 2008