MagicJack is a great example. SJ Labs is the SIP Client behind the business of MagicJack. Give MagicJack credit for the business plan. It fits a nice model and enables an online strategy that supports network services like voice mail.
Anecdotally, I sat with a Vonage booth sales woman. I asked her how many sales a day she made and how often the people were overseas. Her answer was 90% of the time the customer was taking the device overseas.
We talked about the Packet8 and their price point and their quality as a worthy competitor. Most of her customers are unaware of the packet8 solution.
Likewise codec strategies have had the benefit of Andrei Sviridendo, Spirit DSP has been supporting solutions from Skype and other major Voice on the Web solutions.
- Related Entries
- Should Skype be redesigned? - Jul 07, 2009
- Wireless Termination: Neutral Tandem - Jul 02, 2009
- EU Price Rationalization - Jul 02, 2009
- Indirect Consequences - As the FCC settles down - Jun 19, 2009
- Skype vs. DT And now the Ref Steps in.. - Apr 13, 2009
- Skype - Apr 02, 2009
- FCC Green-Lights Globalstar for Rural WiMAX - Nov 06, 2008