Here they are talking about being the carrier of choice for apps. Verizon Wireless mission is to win the application developers need for a reliable network and they see a vision where HD video fits comfortably in the platform that LTE provides.
Speaking about the SUN Java conference, McAdam shared the view that developers think beyond the traditional view of cell phone.
Billing and network services such as location are being offered in the Network API that is being rolled out here, today.
John Stratton EVP & CMO, then shared the reset of development with Verizon.
He made clear that the move was to Java while still supporting the history of Brew. However, Java is a platform with an open community and the goal is to support all sorts of developers. The Verizon plan is to provide over 70% of the revenue to the developer and to provide the ability to launch on their app store in 14 days.
The App store is not aimed at an SDK but a toolset that brings the Verizon's support services to the application
- Related Entries
- India - Tech Centers and guess what #1 Trend they want - Jun 16, 2009
- Someone with a Clue! - Jul 14, 2009
- Scenario Planning; If You Build It Will They Come? - Jul 06, 2009
- Out in the Open Oracle - Jun 29, 2009
- Why we are here? 4GWE Rewind - Jun 24, 2009
- Twenty Reasons to like RIM over Apple - Jun 23, 2009
- Alvarion Open Range Interview. - Jun 22, 2009
- Cisco 4G is about Video - Jun 12, 2009
- Apple vs. Palm Heats up. - Jun 11, 2009
- Google Competes again with Email - May 29, 2009