Today the peers run rampant on my machine. I get a .vcf file or an AIM message and you would think I was dealing with the bankers of the old lending tree add. (I would use the old WaMu ad but the bankers were all clustered in those ads).
Particularly annoying right now is Plaxo. Which seems to have lost its state awareness on the fact that I downloaded the integrated app to my address book and yet everytime i get a .vcf pops up again.
Other nonsense includes the ability to take from Google but not push to Google. (Not sure why Google has not taken this problem on themselves).
The continual facebook loss of my password (and my mistrust of anything that claims to be facebook).
And of course my Apple Time Machine, that has decided I have to reinput all my license keys after the fiasco of the stolen machine.
I want control of my identity and I want control of the identity systems independent of software packages.
I thought the data portability group was going to bring me something to this end, but they seem to have other issues that motivate them. OpenID in theory should be this, but so far the services seem to have more control than the users.
I think this should all be linked to a presence enginge managing presentity with a key chain to my devices. I have not seen anything like this as independent service, but maybe I am wrong.
- Related Entries
- The Apple Google war may make ATT the Victim. - Aug 03, 2009
- The 4GWE Newsletter will come out today: Me vs. GigaOM? - Jul 15, 2009
- Widget Wonders & Apps Trap - Jul 10, 2009
- Devices What Catches your Eye! - Jul 09, 2009
- Scenario Planning; If You Build It Will They Come? - Jul 06, 2009
- Anton Wahlman Guest Blog on the Palm Pre - Jun 09, 2009
- My GPhone gets a Needed Update - May 13, 2009
- The Smartphone OS Market - Mar 26, 2009
- ATT vs. Telefonica The Long Tail Effect of Apple's App Store - Aug 10, 2009
- Who is driving the Next Bus Verizon Wireless or Apple? - Aug 04, 2009