Chris Zeigler at engadget took this picture and as asked what is this thing?
If you live alone and you don't have to keep the family entertained. Why have the Internet Access at the house and not with you. That seems to be the reasoning behind the this terminal adapter. That connects your LTE phone to the house and gives you connectivity.
Given the fact that 60% of CES, was trying to move video from the Internet to the media server in the house, this would probably require some network smarts.
In my humble opinion this places LG's LTE closer to the dual mode camp, but since they have femtocell strategies, it maybe this was an internal product that had to be different the LG / Nortel Femtocell.
Can we call it MonoMode?
- Related Entries
- Day 3: The Application Imperative - Jan 28, 2009
- Report Excerpt: Market Launches Keep Clearwire on Target - Oct 20, 2009
- Report Excerpt: Why Dearth of Devices Hurts Clearwire - Oct 13, 2009
- 4GWE: Development Tools - Sep 02, 2009
- Developers Have the Upper Hand in 4G Apps Ecosystem - Sep 02, 2009
- Voice on 4G? Inevitable... But Not Anytime Soon - Sep 01, 2009
- How Close is the Future: Verizon - Aug 11, 2009
- FanFare Software Interview with David Gehringer - Aug 05, 2009
- Who is driving the Next Bus Verizon Wireless or Apple? - Aug 04, 2009
- Verizon Developer Community Conference - Jul 28, 2009