Verizon Wireless and Skype
provided a model for the VoIP provider to meet the wireless operator, but the model is probably not how must carriers will meet.
Next week we are running a webinar about Voice over LTE [VoLTE] which is an interoperabilty standard that the carriers are looking to deploy complying with the 3GPP architecture.
While other proposals have been out there, the VoLTE group represents the scale and overall perspective of the GSMA carrier membership.
It's a SIP based solution using the IMS standard, so in the end it may be that only the larger operators are going to interconnect. However it may be that because of this common platform new services will be available to third parties.
These are the questions that I am looking to get answers to when I attend the webinar March 18th and 11 EDT.
To join us sign up here
Tags: Acme Packet, CSFB, GSMA, RCS, Skype, Skype Mobile, Verizon Wireless, VoLGA, VoLTE
- Related Entries
- Verizon Wireless Discover Metcalfe's LAW">Skype & Verizon Wireless Discover Metcalfe's LAW - Feb 16, 2010
- China and the iPhone - Oct 26, 2009
- Apple you Win, I Bought the iTouch! - Sep 10, 2009
- Google vs. Apple - Jan 05, 2010
- The Taffy Pull of Nortel: Ciena & Ericsson - Nov 25, 2009
- Skype announcement.">I am STUNed with the Jonathan Rosenberg / Skype announcement. - Nov 09, 2009
- Ceilings and Floors: Vodafone and Verizon - Sep 25, 2009
- Significant Skype Snipes - Sep 21, 2009
- Niklas and Janus Jolts Ebay WTF? - Sep 15, 2009
- LTE Reality Check - Sep 09, 2009
| Tag with del.icio.us
| 4g-wirelessevolution Home