Fundamentally the world of packets changed the model of communications forever from one of accessing a stream to establishing a session. Streams are continual and choose to use them to transport, while sessions are virtual and you create them and send them off from your easiest access point to the ocean of packets passing by.
Why the crude metaphor? We are again at that point where the Internet is being challenged at its very core.
Fundamentally the pricing model of streams is being applied to sessions.
The reason this is important is because the application war is heating up and questions about how numbers are being connected, applications are being allowed on networks and carriers are behaving are driving congressional letters.
If you do not want the sessions to be priced based on usage send me
Tags: AppStore, Charging, Congress, regulation
- Related Entries
- Ceilings and Floors: Vodafone and Verizon - Sep 25, 2009
- My Instincts about the Korean market opening up for iPhone - Sep 24, 2009
- Apple you Win, I Bought the iTouch! - Sep 10, 2009
- Developers Have the Upper Hand in 4G Apps Ecosystem - Sep 02, 2009
- Death Star Apple - Aug 24, 2009
- Apple Google war may make ATT the Victim.">The Apple Google war may make ATT the Victim. - Aug 03, 2009
- Review of the Clearwire Guerrila Marketing Campaign - Jul 23, 2009
- Widget Wonders & Apps Trap - Jul 10, 2009
- Twenty Reasons to like RIM over Apple - Jun 23, 2009
- All Glory is Fleeting- The Genachowski / McDowell Hearings - Jun 17, 2009
| Tag with del.icio.us
| 4g-wirelessevolution Home
| Permalink: Your Huddle Masses Yearning to be Free