· 1 garlic clove
· ½ teaspoon kosher salt
· 2 anchovies
· 1 egg yolk
· ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
· 1 teaspoon lemon juice
· 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
· 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
· 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmigiano-Romano
· Salt and freshly ground pepper
· 1 head of Romaine Heart cut in quarters
In a wooden salad bowl, crush the garlic clove into the salt with a fork until a smooth paste. Add the anchovies, egg yolk, lemon juice, Worcestershire and mustard; whisk well. While whisking quickly, slowly dribble in the oil. Stir in the cheese and season with salt and pepper.
Lightly brush the romaine with olive oil and place cut side down on a hot grill. When grill marks are present, remove the lettuce.
Place on plates and spoon on the Caesar dressing. Top with shaved Parmigiano-Romano and freshly cracked black pepper.