- 6 lamb chops, about 3/4-inch thick, frenched
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
- Fresh ground pepper
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Mix all of the herbs, spices, lemon juice and olive oil in a large bowl. Add the lamb chops making certain to cover both sides of the meat with the marinade. Marinate for 1-4 hours in the refrigerator. Remove from refrigerator and prepare your grill.
Heat the grill to high heat and add the chops. Cook for 2-3 minutes each side (2 minutes for medium rare and 3 minutes for medium).
Remove and serve with the tzatziki sauce; recipe follows.
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, and grated or finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill, finely chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon, finely chopped
- 1 cup Greek-style yogurt
- ½ teaspoon David’s white seasoning mixture or Kosher salt
In a small bowl, combine the cucumber, mint, dill, lemon zest, yogurt and salt. Taste and adjust salt. Let sit for an hour or so for the ingredients to combine.