- 2 pounds small Yukon gold potatoes
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 1 ½ cups mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup finely chopped dill pickles with 1/4 cup juice
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill (substitute1 tablespoon dried)
- ½ teaspoon mace
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces Alaskan king crab or krab (imitation crab meat)
- ½ bunch sliced scallions tops (green part only)
Put the potatoes and eggs into a big saucepan of cold salted water. Bring to a simmer.
While the potatoes and eggs are cooking, mix the mayonnaise, mustard, pickles, pickle juice, onion, parsley, dill, mace, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
After simmering 12 minutes, remove the eggs. Continue cooking the potatoes until a paring knife goes in without resistance, approximately 5 minutes longer. Drain the potatoes.
Peel the eggs and chop them into a ¼-inch dice. Cut the potatoes into ½-inch cubes. Cut the crab into ¼-inch slices. Add the eggs, potatoes and crab to the bowl and coat with the dressing. Garnish with the sliced scallion greens.
Serves 6 to 8.