- 1 ½ pounds ¼ inch diced beef (2 cups)
- 2 medium yellow onions, finely chopped
- 3-4 medium potatoes, ¼ inch dice (4 cups)
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon chopped dill
- 1 Tablespoon chopped tarragon
- 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 raw egg yolks or 4 fried eggs
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Heat oven to 160oF to 200oF.
Heat a sauté pan and add 1 tablespoon of butter and oil. Sauté the onions, thyme, salt and pepper until the onions are soft and transparent. Do not brown. Remove from the pan and place on an ovenproof dish into the oven to keep warm.
Heat the sauté pan and add 1 tablespoon of butter and oil. Sauté the potatoes, dill, salt and pepper turning often until the potatoes are golden brown on all sides. Meanwhile, heat a second sauté pan and add 1 tablespoon of butter and oil. Sauté the beef, tarragon, salt and pepper until cooked through.
Create one row of onion, beef and finally potato on each of four plates. Make an indentation in the middle of the row of beef and gently place a raw egg yolk, which is to be mixed by the diner into the beef, or fried egg, if preferred.
Garnish with the parsley and serve immediately.