- 16 cherry tomatoes
- ½ head romaine lettuce torn into bite size pieces
- ½ red onion, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 4-6 tablespoons Italian Dressing, bottle or see below
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped parsley or ribbons of Parmesan Reggiano Cheese
Preheat the oven to 400oF.
Place the tomatoes on an oil sheet pan and roast for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
Peel the tomatoes and place in a mixing bowl. Roughly, chop the tomatoes to release their juices. Add the lettuce, onions, white wine vinegar and 4 tablespoons Italian Dressing. Toss and taste for seasoning. Add additional salt or dressing as desired.
Garnish with chopped parsley or ribbons of Parmesan Reggiano cheese (use a potato peeler to slice ribbons of cheese).
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
In a microwave safe glass bowl, mix all of the seasonings, salt and pepper. Add the olive oil and stir until thoroughly mixed. Place into a microwave and heat until warmed through. Do not boil. Let the herbs steep for 15 to 20 minutes.