American Airlines Plans Green Marketing Push
July 20, 2007
As I was flying back from a trip to the West coast, trying to calculate how much it would take to offset my carbon usage, I came across a Wall Street Journal report that said that American Airlines, the world’s biggest airline by passenger traffic, is preparing a marketing campaign to kick off in August to show off its green side.
Supposedly AA is receiving an increasing number of inquiries on the subject from both consumers and business travelers. Stay tuned for more as the airline rolls out its plans.
Maybe they can set up a program where frequent flyers can exchange their miles for carbon offsets.
Tags: airline, carbon offsets, green, green living
Search Technorati: airline, carbon offsets, green, green living
- Related Entries
- Toronto Star: Will New Social Climate Lead to Green? - Dec 26, 2007
- Morgan Stanely to Offer Carbon Offset Service - Aug 15, 2007
- Google to be Carbon Neutral by Year's End - Jun 22, 2007
- Computers Need to go Green - Jun 14, 2007
- Organic Retailer Touts Fuel Cell Powered Supermarket - Mar 12, 2008
- Intel Pledges Green For Green's Sake - Jan 30, 2008
- WSJ: US Seeks to Lower Green Trade Barriers - Jan 30, 2008
- GM Greens Up CES, Unveils New Caddy - Jan 09, 2008
- Green Earth Gets Funding - Jan 09, 2008
- Electric Car Offers Savings to Londoners - Jan 03, 2008
Listed below are links to sites that reference American Airlines Plans Green Marketing Push: