Green Credit Card
July 25, 2007
Here is a credit card that gives back. To the environment that is. The new GE Money Earth Rewards Platinum MasterCard, allows you to forgo your 1% cash back and have this money go towards green causes.
G.E. will keep a running tally of the amounts, and each Earth Day it will use the total to buy offsets of greenhouse gas emissions. The offsets will be purchased by GE AES Greenhouse Gas Services, a joint venture between GE Energy Financial Services and the AES Corporation, a power company.
Here are the details from the NY Times (registration required).
Tags: carbon offsets, credit card, ge, mastercard, money earth rewards program, ny times
Search Technorati: carbon offsets, credit card, ge, mastercard, money earth rewards program, ny times
- Related Entries
- Morgan Stanely to Offer Carbon Offset Service - Aug 15, 2007
- CO2Sink - Aug 07, 2007
- American Airlines Plans Green Marketing Push - Jul 20, 2007
- The Benefits of Green - Jul 02, 2007
- Green Credit Card to Help Reduce Carbon - Jul 02, 2007
- Google to be Carbon Neutral by Year's End - Jun 22, 2007
- Green Airplane Engines - Jun 17, 2007
Listed below are links to sites that reference Green Credit Card: