Save the Earth. Save a Buck. It's all good!
July 12, 2007
I came across an article in Medill Reports. Medill Reports is written and produced by graduate journalism students at Northwestern University’s Medill school.
Medill reporter Elizabeth Ryan penned an interesting article entitled Six Tips On How To Save Green By Going Green. The premise of the article, “…doing something good for the environment is easier than you might think and can actually save you money, too…” is, to quote a colleague, “good business.”
It’s a big part of what the “mainstreaming” of green is all about.
Sure, every movement has its ardent proponents, who will be out there proselytizing their extreme message, like those who believe the Earth would be better off if the population dwindled to about 1 billion people, or that all air travel should be banned.
IMHO, that’s not “good business.”
But following simple guidelines and living a lifestyle where we are cognizant of how big a wake we leave behind, and working to minimize the impact we have on the environment is good business.
Doubly so, when it’s good for business.
Back in my college television news courses we used to joke about the cliché “Fun. And for a good cause.” But I still believe if we’re able to ‘do good’ for the environment and save (or make) money while we’re at it, there’s nothing wrong with that.
The point is that Elizabeth Ryan wrote an interesting article. Presented below are her Six Steps. For a full description you’ll have to read her article here.
1. Bottle your own water.
2. Shop vintage
3. Lighten up your “phantom loads”
4. Drive differently
5. Eat your vegetables
6. Change it up
Tags: environment, green living
Search Technorati: environment, green living
Related Tags: article, business, Medill, medill, green, environment
- Related Entries
- Will Suing Polluters Help Us Breathe Easy? - Sep 04, 2007
- Are You a Greenocrite? - Jul 05, 2007
- GM Greens Up CES, Unveils New Caddy - Jan 09, 2008
- Electric Car Offers Savings to Londoners - Jan 03, 2008
- Only 1 in 5 Recycle e-Waste Properly - Dec 28, 2007
- Toronto Star: Will New Social Climate Lead to Green? - Dec 26, 2007
- Utah to Curb Greenhouse Emissions - Nov 21, 2007
- Eco One - Sep 02, 2007
- Retailers Push Green for "Back to School" Crowd - Aug 17, 2007
- 50 Ways To Curb Your Carbon - Aug 16, 2007
Listed below are links to sites that reference Save the Earth. Save a Buck. It's all good!: