Bush Warms to Green Funding
September 28, 2007
President George Bush today proposed the creation of an international fund to finance research into clean-energy technology. He announced that U.S. Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson would reach out to other governments soon to discuss next steps.
Speaking at a White House-sponsored climate change conference, the president urged the global community to set targets for curbing emissions, but stopped short of accepting the mandatory limits proposed in the Kyoto Climate accord.
Bush has long contended that the Kyoto agreement is not in the best interest of United States financial policy.
“We share a common responsibility to reduce greenhouse gas emissions while keeping our economies growing,” the president said. “Each nation must decide for itself the right mix of tools and technology to achieve results that are measurable and environmentally effective.”
Just before Bush took to the podium, administration staffers handed out a booklet to the assembled media that emphasizing that the president was serious about the issue.
The handout contained the following statements:
- Myth: The president refuses to admit that climate change is real and that humans are a factor.
- Myth: The U.S. is doing nothing to address climate change.
- Myth: The United States refuses to engage internationally.
Tags: Bush, funding, global warming, green technology
Search Technorati: Bush, funding, global warming, green technology
Related Tags: climate change, president, climate, change
- Related Entries
- Organic Retailer Touts Fuel Cell Powered Supermarket - Mar 12, 2008
- TMCnet Interviews ON24 CEO - Mar 12, 2008
- Can Virtualization Green The Emerald Isle? - Mar 12, 2008
- Green Technology the Answer to Pollution in Japan? - Feb 21, 2008
- Land Rover Unveils Green Concept - Jan 14, 2008
- Honda Stays on Green Message in Detroit - Jan 14, 2008
- GM, Coskata in Ethanol Deal - Jan 14, 2008
- GM Greens Up CES, Unveils New Caddy - Jan 09, 2008
- IXYS Joins Climate Savers Computing Initiative - Jan 03, 2008
- Forrester: In Search of Green Tech Consumers - Dec 19, 2007
Listed below are links to sites that reference Bush Warms to Green Funding: