Bahrain Pushes for Green Investment
July 20, 2007
The greening of technology and the move to sustainability is by no means limited to North America and Europe. In fact in a recent blog entry, Rich points out that The Viet Nam Cleaner Production Center and the Swiss government have signed a $5 million contract to establish the Green Credit Trust Fund in Viet Nam.
According the announcement:
Switzerland will sponsor the program’s initial development. The fund will be used to grant low interest loans for companies looking to buy modern, environmentally friendly technologies to up production.
Well, add Bahrain to the list of nations making the transition to green.
According to Jean Paul Carteron, chairman and founder of Crans Montana Forum, Bahrain has the financial wherewithal and the political will to become a leading green location by preserving environment and setting a new trend for a sustainable economic and financial developments.
“Clean technology is major concern in the world and the strategists view economic development in the perspective of profitable clean environment.”
Tags: green, investing
Search Technorati: green, investing
Related Tags: green, bahrain, Bahrain
- Related Entries
- Morgan Stanely to Offer Carbon Offset Service - Aug 15, 2007
- The World's Top Sustainable Stocks - Jul 20, 2007
- Green Theme at France Investment Confab - Jun 29, 2007
- Organic Retailer Touts Fuel Cell Powered Supermarket - Mar 12, 2008
- Intel Pledges Green For Green's Sake - Jan 30, 2008
- WSJ: US Seeks to Lower Green Trade Barriers - Jan 30, 2008
- Green Earth Gets Funding - Jan 09, 2008
- IXYS Joins Climate Savers Computing Initiative - Jan 03, 2008
- Toronto Star: Will New Social Climate Lead to Green? - Dec 26, 2007
- Forrester: In Search of Green Tech Consumers - Dec 19, 2007
Listed below are links to sites that reference Bahrain Pushes for Green Investment: