Green Investment Up 45% - Report
July 24, 2007
According to Australian IT global investment in green technologies has increased tremendously in the past three years.
The Cleantech Venture Network reports that North American and European venture capital investment in “cleantech” hit $US3.6 billion last year, up 45 per cent from 2005 and more than double the $US1.7 billion pumped into the sector in 2004.
The article points to several examples, such as Bob Christiansen’s new $170 million Southern Cross Fund and Melbourne’s Starfish Ventures, both of whom are earmarking large amounts s of their funds under management for so-called “cleantech” deals.
For more, check out the following article.
Tags: cleantech, green technology, investing
Search Technorati: cleantech, green technology, investing
Related Tags: cleantech, investment
- Related Entries
- Investors Still Keen on Green - Dec 19, 2007
- Green Investing - Jun 20, 2007
- Organic Retailer Touts Fuel Cell Powered Supermarket - Mar 12, 2008
- TMCnet Interviews ON24 CEO - Mar 12, 2008
- Can Virtualization Green The Emerald Isle? - Mar 12, 2008
- Land Rover Unveils Green Concept - Jan 14, 2008
- Honda Stays on Green Message in Detroit - Jan 14, 2008
- GM, Coskata in Ethanol Deal - Jan 14, 2008
- GM Greens Up CES, Unveils New Caddy - Jan 09, 2008
- IXYS Joins Climate Savers Computing Initiative - Jan 03, 2008
Listed below are links to sites that reference Green Investment Up 45% - Report: