June 13, 2007
Who knew Belfast, Ireland pumps out 4,800 tons of carbon dioxide a year? This news comes way of the Carbon Trust. This organization further goes on to say in the UK, 40% of carbon emissions come from business and this number is 35% in Belfast.
This really shows business plays a major a role in reducing carbon emissions. As this article explains, business can reduce their energy costs by up to 20% and in the process enhance their reputations.
This is obviously a win/win for business and I am looking forward to seeing a continued embrace of environmentally friendly technology by business.
Tags: carbon emissions, carbon footprint, carbon trust, green technology, ireland, uk
Search Technorati: carbon emissions, carbon footprint, carbon trust, green technology, ireland, uk
Related Tags: business, carbon
- Related Entries
- Green Technology Conference - Aug 16, 2007
- BMW Goes Green - Jul 30, 2007
- Can Virtualization Green The Emerald Isle? - Mar 12, 2008
- Companies Can be 'Green' With the Technology They Already Have - Oct 05, 2007
- Eco One - Sep 02, 2007
- Al Gore’s Green Tips - Aug 27, 2007
- Polycom - Aug 20, 2007
- BMW Hydrogen 7 - Aug 19, 2007
- CO2Sink - Aug 07, 2007
- UK Based ISP Easynet goes Carbon Neutral - Jul 28, 2007
Listed below are links to sites that reference Carbon Trust: