How Green Is Your Utility Company?
June 29, 2007
I was just surfing around, looking for green goodies, and I came across this site called The Daily Green, The Consumer’s Guide to the Green Revolution, that featured a link to an Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) tool called Power Profiler that you can use to compare your utility’s carbon footprint with that of the national average.
It’s as simple as entering your ZIP code, selecting your utility company, and clicking “Next.”
The results are two charts:
- The first chart compares the fuel mix used to generate electricity in your region of the power grid to the national fuel mix.
- The second chart compares the average air emissions rates in your region of the power grid to the national average emissions rates.
It’s a nifty little look at how your utility stacks up to the rest of the nation.
Check out the EPA’s Power Profiler for yourselves.
Tags: carbon footprint, epa, green, utility
Search Technorati: carbon footprint, epa, green, utility
Related Tags: green, power, utility, Green, average, national
- Related Entries
- Intel Pledges Green For Green's Sake - Jan 30, 2008
- Companies Can be 'Green' With the Technology They Already Have - Oct 05, 2007
- Green Technology Conference - Aug 16, 2007
- Canalys Asks Who is Willing to Pay More for 'Green' Technology - Jul 03, 2007
- Green Credit Card to Help Reduce Carbon - Jul 02, 2007
- Carbon Footprint Secrecy - Jun 15, 2007
- Top 10 Green Ideas - Jun 15, 2007
- Organic Retailer Touts Fuel Cell Powered Supermarket - Mar 12, 2008
- WSJ: US Seeks to Lower Green Trade Barriers - Jan 30, 2008
- Green Earth Gets Funding - Jan 09, 2008
Listed below are links to sites that reference How Green Is Your Utility Company?: