Only 1 in 5 Recycle e-Waste Properly
December 28, 2007
The Daily Green is reporting that a scant 1 in 5 of us recycle old electronics.
With many consumers upgrading to newer versions of their gear this holiday season, replacing existing gadgets such as TVs, monitors, cell phones, video game consoles, etc… it’s troubling to think that only 21% of that e-waste is destined for proper disposal.
The article directs consumers to a variety of sources to help with recycling their used electronics, notably E-cycling Central, a national database maintained by industry of local recycling opportunities, and eRecycle.org, which lists additional options.
Tags: e-waste, green living, green tech, recycle
Search Technorati: e-waste, green living, green tech, recycle
- Related Entries
- Green Tech Not 'Sexy' Enough? - Feb 06, 2008
- Encouraging Green Tech Development - Feb 06, 2008
- California Rakes in the Green Tech Dough - Jan 23, 2008
- Investments in Green Tech Exceed $5 Billion for 2007 - Jan 23, 2008
- GM Greens Up CES, Unveils New Caddy - Jan 09, 2008
- Green Earth Gets Funding - Jan 09, 2008
- Electric Car Offers Savings to Londoners - Jan 03, 2008
- Toronto Star: Will New Social Climate Lead to Green? - Dec 26, 2007
- Utah to Curb Greenhouse Emissions - Nov 21, 2007
- Rackspace Survey: Businesses Willing to Pay More for Services from 'Green' Vendors - Oct 02, 2007
Listed below are links to sites that reference Only 1 in 5 Recycle e-Waste Properly: