Red, White, And ... Green?
June 22, 2007
The U.S. House of Representatives Chief Administration Officer issued a report yesterday that pledges to slash the House’s energy consumption by up to 50% by 2017.
In a “Green the Capitol” initiative the House also pledges that it will operate in a carbon-neutral manner within 12 months.
A series of environmental programs will be put into effect in order to reach the goals outlined in the report. For example, purchasing electricity generated from renewable sources, installing energy efficient lighting, reducing the use of coal at the Capitol power plant and switching to hybrid or alternative fuel vehicles are all elements of the plan.
Tags: carbon neutral, congress, government, green
Search Technorati: carbon neutral, congress, government, green
Related Tags: house, House
- Related Entries
- WSJ: US Seeks to Lower Green Trade Barriers - Jan 30, 2008
- Business Link in UK Intros New Green Business Web Site - Oct 17, 2007
- Google to be Carbon Neutral by Year's End - Jun 22, 2007
- Carbon Footprint Secrecy - Jun 15, 2007
- Organic Retailer Touts Fuel Cell Powered Supermarket - Mar 12, 2008
- Intel Pledges Green For Green's Sake - Jan 30, 2008
- Green Earth Gets Funding - Jan 09, 2008
- IXYS Joins Climate Savers Computing Initiative - Jan 03, 2008
- Toronto Star: Will New Social Climate Lead to Green? - Dec 26, 2007
- Forrester: In Search of Green Tech Consumers - Dec 19, 2007
Listed below are links to sites that reference Red, White, And ... Green?: