The World's Top Sustainable Stocks
July 20, 2007
SustainableBusiness.com announced its 2007 Sustainable Business 20 (SB20) List, which comprises the World’s Top Sustainable Stocks in their view.
According to the SustainableBuisiness.com Web site:
The SB20 list, in its sixth year, consists of 20 public companies that are having an important impact on creating an environmentally sustainable society.
Rona Fried, Ph.D., SustainableBusiness.com CEO and Editor of Progressive Investor, explained the reasoning for the list in a recent statement.
“Our goal is to create a list that showcases public companies that, over the past year, have made substantial progress in either greening their internal operations or growing a business based on an important green technology.”
The list of the SB20 is presented below, with companies appearing in Alphabetical order. It should be noted that this list is made up of a broad international group of companies, which is illustrative of the fact that green innovation is a truly global phenomenon.
On another note, Google was given an honorable mention, so one might consider them the 21st such company on the SustainableBusiness.com list.
Best Water Technology
Chipotle Mexican Grill
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters
Geneva: SWX: PRWN
Renewable Energy Corp. (REC)
Royal Philips Electronics NV
Schmack Biogas AG
Whole Foods Market
Tags: green, investing, sustainable
Search Technorati: green, investing, sustainable
Related Tags: Nasdaq, nasdaq, sustainable, companies, Sustainable, SustainableBusiness
- Related Entries
- Morgan Stanely to Offer Carbon Offset Service - Aug 15, 2007
- Bahrain Pushes for Green Investment - Jul 20, 2007
- Green Theme at France Investment Confab - Jun 29, 2007
- Organic Retailer Touts Fuel Cell Powered Supermarket - Mar 12, 2008
- Intel Pledges Green For Green's Sake - Jan 30, 2008
- WSJ: US Seeks to Lower Green Trade Barriers - Jan 30, 2008
- Green Earth Gets Funding - Jan 09, 2008
- IXYS Joins Climate Savers Computing Initiative - Jan 03, 2008
- Toronto Star: Will New Social Climate Lead to Green? - Dec 26, 2007
- Forrester: In Search of Green Tech Consumers - Dec 19, 2007
Listed below are links to sites that reference The World's Top Sustainable Stocks: