Mobile Internet World 2008 "Unleashes the Power of the Anywhere Network" with Growing Executive and Developers Program
Three-Day Conference Expands Agenda to Cover Mobile Internet Trends, Open Platform Development Standards, Mobile Transactions, and Ultra-Mobile Devices
BOSTON, MA - Mobile Internet World 2008 - www.mobilenetx.com
, the leading conference and expo for connecting the people, technologies and trends that will shape the future of the mobile Internet, has announced further developer and educational enhancements for the October 21-23 conference and expo, to be held at the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center.
The three-day conference, which includes keynote and networking sessions from a wide variety of industry thought leaders from companies such as Intel, Verizon Wireless, Google, Sprint Nextel, and Yahoo, has added opportunities for attendees and media to experience hands-on the latest application and service innovations available in the mobile Internet market. These include:
The Mobile Web Developer Challenge, presented by Netbiscuits (www.netbiscuits.com
), lead sponsor of the MIW Developers Summit. This groundbreaking event will feature some of the most exciting new applications available on over 5,000 device types, including games, portals, social networking and more. Developers will be competing for prizes worth over $40,000.
The Mobile Internet Innovation Awards, presented by Exchange Magazine (www.xchangemag.com
). These awards will recognizing leaders in the development and deployment of mobile internet technology.
· The RFID Special Interest Group, presented by the MIT Enterprise Forum of Cambridge, offering best-practice examples of where RFID technology fits in enterprise and public-sector applications.
· The Google Android Developers Workshop, highlighting Google's wireless platform strategy and how companies can effectively build Android applications.
"The continued development, growth, and interest in the Mobile Internet World 2008 program is far exceeding our expectations," said Eliot Weinman, Conference Founder and Chair and President of the events and publishing division of Yankee Group. "Open initiatives, such as the Google Android platform, service provider strategies to deliver 4G networks and, of course, cross-platform mobile application development, are creating tremendous demand for education and awareness of these advancing technologies. Mobile Internet World 2008 is emerging as a single leading forum for this market," he said.
Subscribe to the Twitter feed at ... www.twitter.com/mobileinternet
Mobile Internet World 2008 proudly welcomes the following sponsors to the Boston event:
· Corporate Hosts: Access, and Intel
· Premier Sponsors: Ericsson, Qualcomm, and Texas Instruments
· Platinum Sponsors: Call Genie, ChangingWorlds, IBM, Novarra, and Opera Software
· Gold Sponsors: NaviKite, Numobiq, Openwave, and ThirdScreenMedia
· Special Program Sponsors: Google and Yahoo!
· Contributing Sponsors: Azuki Systems, Buongiorno, Celltrust, DeviceAnywhere, Miyowa and Quattro Wireless
· Lead Sponsor Developers Summit: Netbiscuits
· New England Mobile Summit Premier Sponsors: Charles River Ventures and SnapMyLife
· Press Room Sponsor: Numbiq
Supporting Organization Sponsor: DIDXchange
Trendsmedia is the events and publishing division of Yankee Group Research, Inc. Trendsmedia showcases and analyzes major technology trends and their impact on consumers and enterprises. Trendsmedia provides clients with independently produced media products targeting emerging technology markets, including focused conferences, online media, and in-depth newsletters. For more information, visit www.trendsmedia.com
Media Contact (Press Only):
+1 206 792 9400