As unemployment rises (along with layoffs) and fewer jobs are being created, people need help job hunting. I get hit up for help all the time. Success Secret #4: Build It Before You Need It.
- Create a LinkedIn profile - that is your new Web 2.0 resume.
- Get Recommendations!
- Get alerts from the meta job boards like Indeed.com and SimplyHired.com.
- Get out and network in your sector and surrounding sectors.
- Take heed from his list of Top 50 Web 2.0 Tools for Job Seekers.
- Get your resume reviewed.
- Get practice interviewing
You are marketing and selling the best product you have: Yourself. If you want a job bad enough, mount a marketing campaign to get it. Want help? Drop me a note. Have positions to fill? Are you using LinkedIn?