Agents spends all day just running their business and keeping customers happy. To add another vendor and/or service, the agent has to take time to learn it and evaluate it. Then figure out where that service and vendor fits into his portfolio.
A carrier doesn't realize how much they are asking of the Agent. Time is money and a lot more. To maximize the time and effectiveness, vendors should look at the top 5 ways to improve agent training.
- Have good training available online as video and as a podcast. (As a downloadable MP3, agents can learn while traveling).
- Create a Clear, Concise message. Most don't have this. A good Positioning statement, USP, or why choose Carrier A over B.
- Case studies by verticals helps agents figure out where the service fits.
- ROI and TCO calculations help sell the service.
- Specific sales examples, like Agent X sold Service Y to Client CDE because CDE needed Z. (What was the sales trigger?)