September 10, 2009
SUTUS sells an Office-in-the-box solution
for small business. For 25 and under employees, the Sutus Business Central 200 is a file server, email server, router, wireless access point, and phone system. The BC200 has gotten an upgrade
- New User Interface: enhanced Flex technology supports seamless installation, management and use of the Business Central 200, onsite and/or remotely.
- Enhanced Desktop Install Tools: enables the set-up of desktops, VPN clients and mail clients in a matter of minutes.
- Enhanced Network Interoperability: the appliance now can seamlessly co-exist within a customer's legacy local area networks; including active directory, hosted exchange, and existing internet routers.
- VoIP Interoperability: ITSP partners added to the VoIP interop menu now include Bandwidth.com, Airespring, Excel and XO Communications.
It's the telephony upgrade that caught my eye: Call park / retrieve and directed pick-up. Older key systems use call park
and most Hosted PBX systems cannot emulate that feature. (Aastra has a PBX that can). Other features include:
- Overhead and handset paging
- Open / closed call flows
- Enhanced directory
- Ability to manage Polycom handsets through user interface
SUTUS is distributed by ScanSource and NETX.