- "Total revenue was $19.8 million in the second quarter of 2010, compared to $17.7 million in the second quarter of 2009"
- Net loss for the second quarter of 2010 was $1.8 million
- Net loss for the first six months of 2010 was $4.4 million
"During the second quarter, our license revenue increased 20%, to $10.6 million, compared to the first quarter of this year, reflecting service providers' demand, as they transition from TDM to IP-based communications, for our flagship product, BroadWorks, which enables carriers to deliver feature-rich IP-based communications services to their enterprise and consumer customers."
More than 50% of revenue is coming from licenses. Mainly VZ FiOS, Comcast, XO and Brazilian MSO, it seemed like from the call.
The key is selling licenses. Many more licenses, since 400+ service providers already own the softswitch. How many more prospective softswitch buyers are out there? Broadsoft clients have to start selling Hosted PBX in droves. Two hurdles:
- In our TDM-based world, most sales people can't sell IP Communications.
- ISP's are blocking port traffic which disrupts the voice applications of Hosted VoIP Providers.