I received an early morning call from the West Coast today from a woman who is a sub-agent selling Sprint mobile services. She's not having a good day. Here's a few reasons why:
- She isn't getting paid from her master agent.
- She doesn't have a contract in place with her master agent.
- She was unaware of charge-backs.
- She has no way to track commissions.
- She was not clear on who she could sell Sprint mobile services to.
Hence, her not getting paid. Charge-backs are a pain, but a frequent occurrence in cellular, especially for the credit challenged. Agents are usually on the hook for six months.
So here are some 6 basic pointers for sub-agents:
- Use a reputable master agent.
- Have a contract in place.
- Understand what you are selling and to whom.
- Get training from the carrier.
- Work with the carrier channel manager.
- Have a way to track commissions.